Monday, January 24, 2011

Get Your Geek Funny Bone On


As a technologist (more professional sounding than Geek) I spend some time wandering around the Internet to look at new technologies, read other blogs and watching demonstrations of technologies via video.  Occasionally I run across a spoof of a technology that seems so true it makes me laugh.  I thought I would take a moment to share a few of my favorites.


Apologies in advance if you don't get the jokes or never heard of the technology.  I tried to choose more generic technologies that would appeal to my audience.  As I run across others I will start a special place on this blog to hold them.  Until then enjoy these......


The Real-Time Operating System Nucleus - TRON
Hopefully you were able to see TRON Legacy over Christmas.  The original TRON is a cult classic that any true techie would remember.  This is a funny spoof on the original TRON in the Christmas special genre.



The Microsoft Surface
A few years back, Microsoft developed a piece of technology call the Microsoft Surface.  Basically this was a coffee table looking device that permitted the user to use gestures (swiping, pointing, etc.) to interact with items displayed on the table.  Microsoft had hoped these tables would be installed in hotels, restaurants, and possibly homes.  I've never seen one outside of a demo room and perhaps this video explains why.



Bio.Optic.Orangized.Knowledge.System
This past holiday season, eBooks were all the rage.  Since the introduction of the Amazon Kindle, other companies like Sony, Barnes & Noble and Borders as well as Apple with the iPad have been racing to grab part of the market share.  However, before all of these there was a little known technology called B.O.O.K.S which is explained in this video.



The Future as seen by Microsoft
Microsoft has always had this future view on the way we humans should interact with technology and one another.  In my posting "Did you have your technology Breakfast today" I used this video as a demonstration of a possible future.  This video is another alternative with a funny twist.



The Latest Computing Innovation
Apple is for ever developing new computers and stretching the limits of innovation.  Compared to the original Apple II and the LISA, today's innovations are amazing.  This video illustrates how far innovation is pushing the envelope.



1 comment:

  1. look at this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

    ReplyDelete