Sunday, February 13, 2011

zzzzz Is Tech Sleeping zzzzz



shhhh, there sleeping out in Silicon Valley. Where has all the high tech been lately. The only thing in the tech news is the Verizon iPhone 4, the rumored iPhone 5 and the rumored iPad 2. Are there no other companies other than Apple? And if I have to hear about 3D or 4G anymore I might have to SCREAM. WAKE UP SILICON VALLEY and innovate something new.

It's 2011 and we certainly aren't any closer to Staney Kubrick 2001 a Space Odyssey or the Jetsons or anything from the movie trilogy Back to the Future (I really wanted a hover board). I was 13 when I saw 2001 A Space Odyssey and remember thinking wow is that what it will be like; I was sure disappointed. Yes, there have been some really great innovation over the years, but lately it seems there is no real excitement in technology.


Rosie The Maid - Jetsons
I recently read a tech blogs, from a fairly respected technologist, and the author said that the three biggest technologies for 2013 (not 2011 or 2012) will be 3D, 3G and robotics. You have to be kidding me. It's the same old thing; 3D, faster networks, robotics, yawn. Tell me about 3D when I don't need the silly glasses and it's broadcast on more than ESPN and Discovery Channel. We're always going to be talking about faster networks, because as soon as 4G is out people will think its slow and want something faster. As for Robotics, call me when I can get something better than a Rumba.
Star Trek Food Replicator

I would have thought by now we would begin to see more of the technologies seen on Star Trek.  Yes, I know we have the cell phone and the bluetooth headset, but that's old school.  When are we going to see technologies like highly intelligent computers or food replicators or holo-decks? Okay maybe that's too far fetched, but how about some exciting innovations similar to those of the last century.  It was a real big deal when homes first got microwaves and home computers. Remember when AOL first came out and people could email and chat (yes it was dial up) but it was exciting and it changed the way people communicated.  We haven't had a revolutionary new innovation in quite some time. (Please do not tell me facebook is revolutionary, although it did help to start a revolution recently).  I am talking about life changing technologies.


Let's wake up innovators of the technology world. Stop telling us about smart phones and applications for our Android's, iPhones and Blackberry's and get to work on something big that will revolutionize the world.


              Courtesy of Worldchanging.com

No comments:

Post a Comment